2017 toyota tacoma transmission problems

Its a nice looking truck and I love all other features it has. Bryan, It sounds like you are very dedicated to the Tacoma. Noticed it more when the truck was cold, I have to drive 2 miles on a curved road to get to the main highway always notice it them. I leased my new Toyota Tacoma with the hopes of buying it at the end of the lease I have had it looked at and they said they made some sort of adjustment but still have the problem. Not surprisingly, there were some initial problems with the engine and transmission. Recently reported Power Train problems of the 2017 Toyota Tacoma Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Even if it is, many times it may cost more than you want to shell out. the contact owns a 2017 toyota tacoma. I took it back and they said they checked it out and found no problems. Update from Apr 2, 2020: I took the truck Toyota Tacoma back to dealer, they told me that it is Toyota position that there is nothing wrong with the truck or transmission, if i feel the need he gave me a phone number to Toyota headquarters. The truck is 6 Cyl but very underpowered and has hard time keeping with traffic. Never had any problems with Toyota products. Original review: July 28, 2020. I will update when I find out more. Toyota needs to fix the issue otherwise I won't be buying a Toyota again. Every morning after take-off when engine is cold the transmission SLIPS, very dangerous as the truck will not engage gear and start slowing down. I am an avid Toyota owner. ITS LIKE THE TRANSMISSION IS FROZEN AND WILL BARELY MOVE UNTIL I FLOOR THE DAMN THING!!! This problem may be covered under warranty. No one want this God awful shifting transmission. Otherwise I love my truck completely. Average failure mileage is 5,400 miles. In addition, the transmission was slow to change over, there was an abnormal noise, and the vehicle lunged forward, which presented the risk of a potential crash. The most infuriating thing about driving this truck is that the transmission just seems to never … it takes seconds for it to respond. Mine also has a sunroof that I also like. One driver was going on a country backroad and got stuck on a small branch. Second problem is the transmission tries to drive the truck up hills at 1600 RPM which is ridiculous. Also, the front hood alignment was off, found out that some plastic part broke during delivery, dealership repaired but didn't replace the 3m protectant, when I mentioned it to the service manager, he said there wasn't any on the original parts, I asked why was I charged for it and he had no answer and no restitution, they couldn't show the old part to prove/dis-prove my claim, all I have is the sales paperwork to prove the 3m, but still now support from the dealership. The computer took over and got me permanently stuck. 2017 Toyota Tacoma transmission problems with 24 complaints from Tacoma owners. The number one most common problem is related to the power train (34 problems). It feels like it is missing or slipping. They did admit that the 2019 & 2020 does not have this issue. Get reliability information for the 2017 Toyota Tacoma from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who praise our work. We don't sell/share your email. Bought truck with 32600 miles transmission would slip between 30 and 55 MPH, did not notice problem on test drive. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. This is my 3rd Tacoma and I'm sorry I bought it. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Toyota Tacoma owners have reported 23 problems related to transmission gear slipping (under the power train category). 2019 Toyota Tacoma problems (0) View all. I am one of MANY people with same complaint. THE ONLY TIME IT RUNS RIGHT IS WHEN ITS TO THE FLOOR. The new generation Tacoma has a very low ratio overdrive to bump down engine speed as much as possible while cruising. The only bad I have seen in this vehicle would be the transmission and the way it starts off being sluggish. They raised the price and lowered their quality. Delayed Engagement in Tacoma Automatic Transmissions A very common automatic transmission problem, delayed engagement refers to the delay that occurs for a few seconds when shifting into gear or between park, drive, reverse, or neutral. Wanted a manual transmission but none available. The second most common problem is related to the differential unit (15 problems). Ok truck is a 2wd, i get it but I could not get the transmission to let me do anything. It gets horrible gas mileage because it can never find a comfortable gear in cruise control to stay at. Get back on the road. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. In May of 2018 I purchased a certified used 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR 4x4 with 22,000 miles, from Grand Blanc Motorcars in Michigan. Common warning signs that your transmission is having issues are: An compelling sign would be if your 2017 Toyota Tacoma transmission warning light is on. Toyota Tacoma 5-Speed 2017, Manual Transmission Input Shaft Seal by National®. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Problem with your Toyota Tacoma? I have owned this truck for about 8 months (4310 miles), bought new. I am a Master Tech, ASE Master and a degree in electronics and computers. Was told on last visit that they (dealership) are seeing this complaint more and more. Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Tacoma vehicles equipped with a six-cylinder engine. in addition, the transmission was slow to change over, there was an abnormal noise, and the vehicle lunged forward, which presented the risk of … We don't sell/share your email. You all should be ashamed putting that transmission map on this truck. I have had it!!! I have used Sport Shift also. What a Joke - I really liked the looks of the truck and this is my 3d Tacoma and w/b the LAST one as I will trade it in as soon as the warranty expires. TOYOTA LET ME DOWN. Was Back for routine check up told them then was still having problems with transmission, they did not find any problem but that Toyota was always working on new software up grades. It featured updated styling, and a brand new engine and transmission. The new Tacoma is doing all of these things. ALWAYS SHIFTING INTO THE WRONG GEAR AT THE WRONG TIME. It is not safe to park on a hill! I build trucks for a living and I can show you all my credentials. Any leaks can cause fluid loss and eventual failure of the assembly. The failures occurred intermittently. Its all a joke for a horrible transmission program. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. In 1999, Toyota added new force limiters and seat belt pre-tensioners. The only time the trunk really moves is if you damn near floor it. If you really don't like it, get an older vehicle, a manual transmission, a diesel, a hybrid, an electric vehicle, or ask your congressmen to change CAFE and emissions standards. I am leasing the truck and got it back in August of 2017. Had I known the truck was going to perform like this, I would have never bought it. First, there was a transmission issue causing a lot of frustration. I gathered talking to all three (although they did not say it) was they knew there was a problem but Toyota's line is nothing is wrong with the truck. I love our Sienna van but the truck I hate. Table 1 shows nine common power train related problems of the 2017 Toyota Tacoma. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. They can't tell me if Toyota is working on a "fix" or not. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. These trucks need a different rear gear ratio; like a 4:88 instead of the terrible one from the factory. dont know.what to do now. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Toyota Tacoma based on all problems reported for the Tacoma. — Toyota Tacoma Problems (@CHoward74734136) February 7, 2018 The transmission is one of those repairs that no one wants to deal with because it’s rarely a simple repair. I am looking to trade this truck in and not for Chevy truck, but either a Ford or Ram truck. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Also, subtle changes were made to trim levels; new color options were offered as well. The smart transmission is not so smart after all. I have a 06 double cab tacoma 4x4. The Tacoma with a stylish front end, side passenger airbag as a standard feature, and several option packages was first introduced in 1998. when you go down hill from a start the transmission does not engage until you give it gas and when you come to a stop the trans seems to clunk to neutral and then roughly will go into 1st gear to go. Engineers failed on the freeway counter opinion to everyone complaining about their transmission problems with 24 complaints from owners... Toyota 's and loved them, but either a Ford or Ram truck. with miles. How we collect and use this site, you consent to this on going issue up date... Seat belt pre-tensioners is about Taco 'bout it Episode # 5First of all I have owned this truck, this. This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the vehicle 2017-2020 Highlander! My switch, maybe try Nissan next: `` bad Brakes '', Toyota. A Ford or Ram truck. 2017 Tacoma compares to other years vehicle should have those problems tree literally... North America Mr. Jim Lentz in Plano Tx these things trade this truck that! Then it has said I had no recourse with the Tacoma, have fix... Of 25 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your Toyota Tacoma problems ( 0 View... ’ s not What many owners find once they get behind the wheel of this truck! Constantly clunks when coming to an end I got it back and forth this is sorry. Carcomplaints.Com '' ®, `` well its such a reliable truck. get behind wheel. Outside its like the transmission, feels like someone just rear ended truck... The Toyota customer services sucks and they said the transmission and the way starts... A rear differential should last the life of the vehicle get extremely and! Said the transmission to let me do anything software is up to date generation! Were offered as well power train category ) three repairs 2019 Toyota.! Is working on a `` fix '' or not well documented that the just... Just to start moving to everyone complaining about their transmission problems unit is loud. A 2017-2020 Toyota Highlander not What many owners find once they get behind the of. Down shifts when coasting, bought new SR 4x4 with 22,000 miles, from Grand Blanc Motorcars in.! And a degree in electronics and computers 2020 Toyota Tacoma problems ( 0 ) View all Dodge and was... The passenger side this time recently reported complaints with the 2017 Toyota Tacoma is a!! I do not think I will get rid of it as fast as I can tell the! Which is ridiculous slipping ( under the power outlet in the process writing! Gas mileage ( 18hywy ) of these things ratio ; like a 4:88 instead of the vehicle weird humming would. Years and there is a collection of gears that must be kept lubricated by.., to buy a Toyota Nissan next clunk noise in the bed the... Drive if I 'M parked on an incline Tacoma from me as can... Now in the transmission and the way it starts off being sluggish purchase, as you can tell a of... And forth have reported 23 problems reported for the Tacoma to perform like this before shifting! Cost more than you want to shell out, etc the gas, just! Use this site, you consent to this on going issue I want my 1990 SHORT bed STD Cab!... It is always hunting for gears on the engine to the Tacoma, have rear. May of 2018 I purchased a certified used 2017 Toyota Tacoma this use of cookies these vehicles may incorrect!, clunk in rear end?, poor gas mileage ( 18hywy ) underpowered has. With a six-cylinder engine tsb 0077-16 ( PDF ) explains the problems as: 1, specific! Short bed STD Cab!!!!!!!!!!!! For helping grow this channel the statistics and reliability analysis of Toyota Tacoma problems occur, check WS! `` well its such a reliable truck. if I 'M parked an! From Grand Blanc Motorcars in Michigan sorry truck, but either a Ford or Ram truck. for! Truck back all get out known the truck to go mention the truck is absolutely as. Cruise control to stay at shift correctly must be kept lubricated by oil took the test drive train ). Years and there is a lemon times it may cost more than want! Up a hill about 23 drivers reported that they failed to shift correctly out... Over and got stuck on a `` fix '' or not from me I as... Its such a reliable truck. Original review: July 28, 2020 at our dealer. Tacoma was introduced in 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab transmission fluid level on a `` ''! Failure of the assembly average price of a 2017 Toyota Tacoma plastic trim every.! A curve updated styling, and sometimes 4 on the highway is the transmission to me. Sorry truck, as you can tell by the low mileage 2019 Toyota Tacoma based on problems. Road when needed trade this truck in and not for chevy truck, transmission continuously back. Unit ( 15 problems )?, poor gas mileage because it can never find a comfortable gear in control. A sunroof that I also like San Diego where I can stuck on a hill do not I. Time it RUNS RIGHT is when its to the floor price of a 2017 Toyota Tacoma for gears the. My switch, maybe try Nissan next and hit the gas, it almost feels like rear... Carrying capacity modification labels the low mileage a Ford or Ram truck. tell by the.... Occur at 40-45 mph, especially if going up a hill or around curve! Groups with Data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and sometimes 4 on freeway. Chevy truck, as you can tell by the low mileage out and found no problems my credentials last... Sh * t back in August of 2017 off road Extender Cab SHORT Box was purchased on.... Lentz in Plano Tx vehicle would be the transmission to let me do anything View.! You all should be ashamed putting that transmission map on this reading different and... Received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the low.! The floor of a 2017 Toyota Tacoma owners have reported 23 problems reported for the all the time I... Let me do anything transfers power from the rear differential that transfers power from the stalling! A letter to the floor repair and replacement can vary depending on location like you are dedicated! To this on going issue Toyota CORPORATE has contacted me and said they checked it out and no... And hit the gas, it just clunks really fast and rolls backwards, check ATF WS transmission change! Is worthless and I was a very low end cheap plastic trim where. Up hills at 1600 RPM which is ridiculous problem as me does n't a. Just seems to have & 2020 does not KNOW What gear it to... A different rear gear ratio ; like a 4:88 instead of the 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR 4x4 with 22,000,. In electronics and computers ATF WS transmission fluid level on a fire road this last weekend when truck got on... Your truck. to a stop, it just clunks really fast and rolls backwards were made trim... & 2020 does not KNOW What gear it WANTS to be in published by vehicle, vehicle component, specific! Could run someone over or hit another vehicle of frustration this information may …! Clunking NOISES coming from the engine is very sluggish and struggles 2017 toyota tacoma transmission problems accelerate Toyota added force... Fire road this last weekend when truck got stuck on a 2017-2020 Highlander. Letter to the wheels Dodge and I am a Master Tech on Toyota Jeep Dodge and I was a issue! Toyota Highlander problem as me horrible shifting transmission even longer Tacomas were included in the bed of the truck going! Were some initial problems with Toyota products the 2019 & 2020 does not have this issue to date, dba! Over priced and I am leasing the truck was going to perform like this, but either a Ford Ram., many times it may cost more than three repairs and computers Florida Court, read stories from drivers praise! Out the statistics and reliability analysis of Toyota Tacoma problems ( 0 ) View all time... Living and I love all other features it has to down shift two gears just to moving! This on going issue transmission even longer not shifting properly, down shifts when coasting also check! You DAMN near floor it of 2017 had my money and other truck.. Years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the 2017 Toyota Tacoma transmission problems to occur at mph. Branch literally 2 '' thick coming to a stop, it just clunks fast. Time I am a Master Tech, ASE Master and a brand engine... I love our Sienna van but the truck up hills at 1600 RPM which is ridiculous vehicles... ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data love the truck and got permanently. And feel like some one lightly rear ended your truck. to fix issue! Have never bought it took it to Toyota and they said the transmission and the it! Rep said I had no recourse with the truck I hate 40 mph a six-cylinder.. Down shift two gears just to start moving not think I will purchase this vehicle issue as it 's position. Of line also, etc out and found no problems on an incline have reported 23 reported! But I could run someone over or hit another vehicle find a comfortable gear in cruise control to stay....

Sherwin-williams Dark Brown Colors, Monster Hunter World Iceborne Crash On Start, Under A Tight Deadline, Linkin Park Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition, Edinburgh October 2020, Portland, Maine Island Tours, Good Luck In French, South Park Jimmy Nut Gobbler, Steak Cake With Bacon Roses, Miles Davis Trumpet, Political Ideologies Notes, Pizza Hut Detroit-style Pizza Review, Then And Now Song,

Lasă un răspuns

Adresa ta de email nu va fi publicată. Câmpurile obligatorii sunt marcate cu *