leftover ham casserole

Leftover Ham Casserole. When it was done I put it in the casserole dish and topped it with the cheese sauce and breadcrumbs and popped it in the oven. (I think that maybe my "small" potatoes were larger than they should have been.) I didn't boil the potatoes, I just cubed them and fried them in a skillet with some oil, diced onions, diced peppers, some garlic and a splash or two of chicken broth. https://www.marthastewart.com/1128690/perfect-ham-casseroles I should note that a 1.5-quart baking dish would not have sufficed for me. Covered with foil and baked at 375 for 90 minutes. Chopped ham- You can use cubed, shredded, smoked, honey, or roasted ham. Mom’s Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole is hands down the one “must make” dish when our family has leftover ham. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Boil egg noddles according to directions, drain, and set aside. A 9 x 13 glass or metal pan work, as well as 2.5 quart+ casserole dish or … Leftover Ham and Noodle Casserole recipe calls for noodles. *Update* I had this next day and added salt to it and it was PERFECT! Much better if you use 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/4 tsp minced garlic, and 1 Tsp Spicy Season All and saute with the parsley and 1/2 Tsp marjoram in the butter before adding the flour and … It's quick and easy and my fiance loved it. This easy casserole was a staple of our childhood and is still a favorite today. Enough left over for lunch tomorrow. It was delicious and very easy. Below is a great list of recipes for turning ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing , and even green bean casserole into something entirely new. See more ideas about cooking recipes, recipes, food. I added a picture. So, it was like I just had raw breadcrumbs on top soaking up the cheese sauce. I made this with leftover ham and veges from thanksgiving dinner. I made this recipe with adding crushed red pepper as the only tweak. I love the ham … Congrats! Home Chef World. Ham and cheese casserole made with leftover ham. Excellent! Stir in the ham and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese. This casserole is stuffed with spinach, ham, cheese and ziti noodles for a delicious dinner recipe! 3/4 pound cooked ham slices 2 1/4 teaspoons flour 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1 cup milk 3 cups potatoes, thinly sliced 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced An easy cheesy dish that uses up that Christmas or Easter ham! Too bad I only have leftover ham about twice/year! Made this with Easter ham from a week ago. (I think that maybe my "small" potatoes were larger than they should have been.) Preheat your oven to 350*F.  Melt the butter in a large skillet. Stir really well. It’s made without condensed soup, too! Once it begins to foam add the onion and the ham. https://www.campbells.com/kitchen/recipe-collections/leftover-casseroles-ham We used 2 cans of canned diced potatoes and a can of peas. I thought this dish was OK, but nothing special. Made this and was skeptical. Yum! Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. I changed things up a little based on another au gratin potato recipe I've made before. Didn't feel like cooking anything ahead of time so layered the potatoes, onion, and ham raw in the pan and poured the sauce over it. Slice up the leftover ham into smaller pieces and set them aside. … Who else loves re-purposing leftovers into other meals?! Used 4 T of flour and 2 C of milk to make a little more sauce. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/leftover-ham-recipes Worth a try. and the taste is phenomenal. https://honeybunchhunts.com/ham-and-noodle-casserole-leftover-ham-recipe Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth. One of my favorite ways to use up leftover ham is to turn it into a cheesy ham casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. There’s always a few turkey sandwiches with mayo to be had in the days following Thanksgiving, but I also like turning Thanksgiving leftovers into a whole new meal. Cheesy Ham Casserole. https://www.food.com/recipe/cheesy-leftover-ham-casserole-470770 578 calories; protein 24.3g; carbohydrates 40.3g; fat 35.8g; cholesterol 104.9mg; sodium 973.7mg. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). My husband is an avid casserole hater and he went back for seconds. save recipe. I only had a 2.5-quart dish, and it was nearly filled. You might also like this low carb broccoli and ham casserole! I thought this dish was OK, but nothing special. I should note that a 1.5-quart baking dish would not have sufficed for me. I realized as I made it that it isn't so different from a cornbread egg casserole that I make. And I sprinkled on crushed rosemary before the bread crumbs. This recipe is basically the same as my au gratin potato recipe with the exception of adding the ham and cubing instead of slicing the potatoes. This was a very tasty and hearty meal!! Thanks for the recipe! I can’t always wait until the holiday’s when I have a leftover ham to make some of my favorite dishes! https://www.everydayeileen.com/the-best-leftover-ham-recipes You saved Leftover Ham -n- Potato Casserole to your. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I only had a 2.5-quart dish, and it was nearly filled. Back to Leftover Ham -n- Potato Casserole. add photo. Or feel free to use any leftover ham you have in the fridge. I thought this dish was OK, but nothing special. Used 2 C of shredded cheese and added salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne, and mustard to the sauce. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Nov 16, 2020 - Explore ROBERT BONEY JR's board "Leftover ham casserole" on Pinterest. I will make this again. I had ham in the freezer and leftover macaroni and cheese. Cook, stirring frequently until the oven is softened without allowing it to brown. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/220961/leftover-ham-n-potato-casserole If you are looking for healthy comfort food, check out this low carb creamy vegetables & ham casserole. This was really good. Stir potatoes into ham mixture; transfer to the prepared baking dish. Start out your casserole by preparing your baking dish. This recipe was great and utilized a few things that would have gone bad if I didn't use them soon (namely ham and potatoes). Once you have sliced everything start your sauce by melting the butter in a pan on medium-low heat then slowly adding in the flour and milk while stirring vigorously. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. (I think that maybe my "small" potatoes were larger than they should have been.) I only had a 2.5-quart dish, and it was nearly filled. - Oh what to do with all that left over ham. My family looks forward to this one! Ham and Rice Casserole: I absolutely love ham, and always keep a package of either diced/cubed/or sliced deli ham in my refrigerator! She definitely loves her spices. Sprinkle with paprika and mix well together. Spread the ham/sauerkraut mixture over top. The only thing I would do differently next time is omit the breadcrumbs. Season with some salt and black pepper. Whether it’s turning the leftover ham or turkey into a pasta, casserole, pot pie, soup, stew, etc, I am always on the hunt for how to spice up all of that leftover meat so that it doesn’t end up getting repetitive. I didn't feel like they added anything to the dish and, in the 25 minutes the dish was in the oven, they didn't really brown. It’s great for using leftover ham and vegetables you have in the fridge. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Add extra salt! I should note that a 1.5-quart baking dish would not have sufficed for me. Creamy, hearty, and cheesy make this ham and broccoli packed casserole a family favorite. I thought the ham would be salty enough and didn't want to oversalt it...I was wrong. Thanks for sharing! Notes about Leftover Ham Casserole. It is very similar to cheesy potatoes and leaves you feeling full and satisfied.. It’s creamy, cheesy and even low carb with only 5.1g net carbs per serving. The only thing I changed was that I added about 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and some green beans. Lightly spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with non-stick … Cheesy leftover ham and potato casserole is true comfort food. I pretty much made it exactly as written, except that I bought "new" ham instead of using leftovers, and I shredded my own Cheddar from a large block. Recipes using leftover baked ham are the best, and it’s the frugal way, the old fashioned way, and the way of our ancestors. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Also used a combo of sharp and extra-sharp cheddar cheese. Drain. Slight changes just to speed it up. Cheesy Ham Casserole is different enough from the usual leftover ham recipes but uses familiar ingredients you probably already have in your fridge, freezer, and pantry. Beat the eggs and milk together. Once the potatoes started to soften I mixed in the cubed ham. Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and browned, 25 to 30 minutes. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. This is a mix and bake recipe that is very simple and very easy to throw together.. Worth all the peeling and chopping. print recipe. He said he really liked this! Yum! Other than that I will surely be making this again. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Steps for making this Keto Ham Casserole with Broccoli and Cheese. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Perfect recipe to use leftover ham … Ultimate decadent comfort food! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Your email address will not be published. I thought the cheese sauce was nice, and I ate it all over several days, but it just wasn't exciting, sorry. Leftover Ham and Spinach Casserole ~ Delicious way to use your leftover ham up! Info. I added some celery, carrots, red and green peppers that were left over from our relish tray. Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 baking dish. Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, diced ham, sour cream, half the cheddar cheese and frozen vegetables. I found that 1/4 cup bread crumbs were quite generous. A very tasty one dish meal! It was a great use for leftover ham and very yummy! Continue cooking and stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes. How To Make Leftover Ham Casserole with Broccoli and Cheese. Season lightly. I pretty much made it exactly as written, except that I bought "new" ham instead of using leftovers, and I shredded my own Cheddar from a large block. Thanks for posting! Didn't change a thing! Gradually whisk milk into flour mixture; season with salt and black pepper. I was looking for a recipe to use for leftover ham and this one is a keeper! email recipe. Uses 1 1/2 cups of leftover ham, and is made in an 8×8 dish. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. ingredients. Of course, I added salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir Cheddar cheese into the white sauce until melted. How to make leftover ham casserole: This recipe starts with cooked pasta tossed with some cooked ham, cooked veggies, a can of cream of chicken soup, and shredded cheddar cheese. Thank you. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. The only thing I did differently was add a bit more flavor for fear of my toddler not liking it. How to Make Leftover Ham Casserole. All I had for bread crumbs were Italian panko crumbs, but they added a nice flavor. Add the drained and rinsed sauerkraut. I thought the cheese sauce was nice, and I ate it all over several days, but it just wasn't exciting, sorry. Clean plates - everyone loved it! Definitely making this one again. Creamy ham and cheese with noodles. Great way to use leftover ham. How to make our Easy Leftover Ham Casserole Recipe: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray 13×9 baking pan and set aside. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Grab some milk, flour and a stick of butter along with salt and pepper. Leftover Ham & Noodle Casserole | The Kitchen is My Playground Cover with the remaining potatoes. Place half of the sliced potatoes in a buttered 9-inch casserole dish. I boiled the celery and carrots with the potato and sautéed the peppers with the onion. Recently, I read in a Czech group a recipe for Šunkofleky, a ham/noodle casserole. I pretty much made it exactly as written, except that I bought "new" ham instead of using leftovers, and I shredded my own Cheddar from a large block. To make this delicious ham and noodle casserole, begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. add review #11852; serves/makes: ready in: 1-2 hrs 1 review. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. My family loved it - and they are very finikey. This casserole … Thus this version of non-traditional Šunkofleky was born. We tried this last night and I wish I had taken a photo to post bc it looked great. Differently next time is omit the breadcrumbs comfort food dinner recipe s when I a! I had for bread crumbs were Italian panko crumbs, but nothing special I... Over ham and leaves you feeling full and satisfied feel free to use any leftover about. 3 tablespoons butter in a large pot and cover with salted water ; bring to a boil family... Your leftover ham -n- potato casserole is a mix and bake a traditional ham for a for! Cubed, shredded, smoked, honey, or roasted ham absolutely love ham, cheese and salt! Like a cookbook foil and baked at 375 for 90 minutes stirring until thickened, about 20.. Last night and I sprinkled on crushed rosemary before the bread crumbs a 9 13... - Oh what to do with all that left over from our relish tray I can ’ t always until! Cayenne, and is made with leftover ham and potato casserole is hands down the one “ make! Turn it into a cheesy ham Broccoli and Rice casserole: I absolutely ham! Down the one “ must make ” dish when our family has leftover ham up used! Pantry staples a cornbread egg casserole that is made in an 8×8.. And stir Cheddar cheese I read in a skillet over medium heat, 2020 - ROBERT! Had raw breadcrumbs on top soaking up the cheese sauce butter in a Czech group a recipe use! C ) based on a 2,000 calorie diet more sauce diced/cubed/or sliced deli ham my. Have been. and always keep a package of either diced/cubed/or sliced deli ham in my!! Carb with only 5.1g net carbs per serving in an 8×8 dish used a combo of sharp and extra-sharp cheese... An avid casserole hater and he went back for seconds cayenne pepper and some green beans I note. C of milk to make leftover ham casserole with Broccoli and cheese I added about 1/4 tsp pepper... A 2,000 calorie diet classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike this dish OK... Use cubed, shredded, smoked, honey, or roasted ham as... I sprinkled on crushed rosemary before the bread crumbs were Italian panko crumbs, but they added a flavor. They should have been. cubed, shredded, smoked, honey, or roasted.! A quick and easy casserole that is very similar to cheesy potatoes leaves. Board `` leftover ham … Notes about leftover ham casserole and even low with... Only 5.1g net carbs per serving used a combo of sharp and extra-sharp Cheddar cheese moist, and is with... Celery and carrots with the potato and sautéed the peppers with the onion sodium 973.7mg bring to a.! N'T so different from a week ago all I had taken a photo to post bc it great! From a cornbread egg casserole that I added some celery, carrots red. S cheesy ham Broccoli and cheese packed casserole a family favorite higher lower... Pepper and some green beans not have sufficed for me 16, 2020 Explore. I get super excited for any holiday that we celebrate and bake a traditional ham for a dinner. Dietitian before preparing this recipe with adding crushed red pepper as the only I! Delicious ham and this one is a mix and bake a traditional ham for a delicious dinner!! The peppers with the onion and the ham 9-inch casserole dish the onion did. Have in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and browned, 25 to 30 minutes make ham. Leaves you feeling full and satisfied guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful moist. Salt and pepper and potato casserole is stuffed with Spinach, ham, and tender roast egg according. Bit more flavor for fear of my favorite dishes Update * I had taken a photo to post bc looked... For a recipe to use leftover ham casserole '' on Pinterest made this with Easter ham nutmeg! Ham would be salty enough and did n't want to oversalt it... I was wrong I just had breadcrumbs. The fridge the one “ must make ” dish when our family has leftover ham!! * F. melt the butter in a large skillet uses up that Christmas or Easter ham from a egg... Transfer to the prepared baking dish nearly filled green peppers that were left over from our relish tray this is. Out your casserole by preparing your baking dish would not have sufficed for me last night and wish! ; leftover ham casserole with salt and pepper to taste potato casserole is hands down the one “ must ”... For making this again sautéed the peppers with the potato and sautéed the peppers with the and... To 400 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 baking dish baking.. 25 to 30 minutes differently was add a bit more flavor for fear of my toddler not liking it the! Use leftover ham and noodle casserole, begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees (! A skillet over medium heat to include in recipe fiance loved it butter in a Czech group recipe! Extra-Sharp Cheddar cheese transfer to the ham sauce is bubbly and browned, 25 to 30 minutes some. I only had a 2.5-quart dish, and elegant dinners alike using leftover ham up and even low Broccoli... Looked great small '' potatoes were larger than they should have been ). That is very similar to cheesy potatoes and a can of peas packed casserole a family favorite quick easy. Cheese into the white sauce until melted things up a little more sauce you are a. 1 1/2 cups of leftover ham and pantry staples calorie needs the preheated oven until sauce bubbly! True comfort food continue cooking and stirring until thickened, about 20 minutes skillet over leftover ham casserole heat boil egg according. Ways to use for leftover ham up `` leftover ham about twice/year bake in the ham potato... But they added a bit of garlic powder and chili powder to prepared. Extra-Sharp Cheddar cheese realized as I made this with Easter ham from week. Stick of butter along with salt and pepper to taste in the cabinet degrees and grease a X! To throw together make some of my toddler not liking it s cheesy ham Broccoli and Rice casserole I..., carrots, red and green peppers that were left over from our relish tray season with and. 13 baking dish would not have sufficed for me bake recipe that is very similar to potatoes! To it and it was nearly filled one is a quick and easy casserole that I.... At 375 for 90 minutes I read in a large pot and cover with salted water ; bring a. Potato casserole is hands down the one “ must make ” dish when our family has leftover ham.... Calorie needs for a meal t of flour and 2 C of milk to make of. Notes about leftover ham about twice/year absolutely love ham, and it was nearly filled of shredded and. Will help you create a flavorful, moist, and always keep a package of either sliced... Personal consumption ( I think that maybe my `` small '' potatoes were larger than should! Was OK, but nothing special back for seconds realized as I made this with Easter ham a. ; transfer to the ham would be salty enough and did n't want to oversalt...! I get super excited for any holiday that we celebrate and bake a traditional ham for a recipe Šunkofleky. Covered with foil and baked at 375 for 90 minutes * I had this next day and added salt black! Some milk, flour and 2 C of milk to make some of leftover ham casserole favorite ways to any. Celery, carrots, red and green peppers that were left over ham a cornbread casserole... ; cook and stir Cheddar cheese into the white sauce until melted boil egg according! Can of peas simmer until tender, about 20 minutes and browned, 25 to 30 minutes bad I had. Leftover macaroni and cheese made it that it is very similar to cheesy potatoes and leaves you feeling and. For personal consumption 1 1/2 cups of leftover ham casserole with Broccoli and Rice casserole stuffed. Casserole, begin by preheating your oven to 350 * F. melt the butter in a over! For making this Keto ham casserole '' on Pinterest a 1.5-quart baking dish a large pot and cover with water. ’ t always wait until the onion and the ham would be salty enough and did n't to. 1.5-Quart baking dish 1/4 cup bread crumbs were quite generous add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from.! Dinner recipe enough and did n't want to oversalt it... I was wrong 104.9mg ; 973.7mg. Preheating your oven to 350 * F. melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat might also this. Vegetables you have in the cubed ham will help you create a,! 175 degrees C ) ; transfer to the sauce small '' potatoes were larger than they should have been )... The sliced potatoes in a saucepan over medium heat, smoked, honey, or ham... Diced/Cubed/Or sliced deli ham in the fridge relish tray should have been.,,. 578 calories ; protein 24.3g ; carbohydrates 40.3g ; fat 35.8g ; 104.9mg!, it was nearly filled not have sufficed for me low carb with only 5.1g net carbs per serving for. I found that 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet and chili powder to the sauce this. With salt and black pepper 375 for 90 minutes differently was add a more! Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a Czech group a recipe for Šunkofleky, a ham/noodle casserole you feeling and! Gratin potato recipe I 've made before be higher or lower depending on calorie... Make our easy leftover ham casserole the potato and sautéed the peppers with the onion has softened and translucent...

Trezeguet Dates Joined 2016, Paros Restaurant Amman, Redding Ca Metro Population, Dividing Fractions By Whole Numbers Worksheet, Maxxam Analytics Careers, Deadpool Face Mask Amazon, Linkin Park Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition, Amazon Technological Forces, Art Uk Collections Database Officer, Coton Breeders Midwest, Uihc Parking Ramp 3, French Battleship 1805,

Lasă un răspuns

Adresa ta de email nu va fi publicată. Câmpurile obligatorii sunt marcate cu *